Pixies are "... generally benign, mischievous, short of stature, and attractively childlike."

Monday, April 8, 2013

Crystal Clear Bargain

   Diana and I went yard sale-ing this weekend. (Yes it's a verb.) We saw such oddities as flats of shriveled mangoes, commercial florescent light fixtures, and the usual assortment of UGLY chachkies that I can't fathom anyone wanting new. We did find some cool lamps for five bucks each that I planned to make over for my living room. (But then I left one in the driveway and the wind blew it over. Yes, it broke. Story of my life.) 

   But the treasure of the day turned out to be some canisters at a church yard sale. They looked worse than rough since whoever donated them hadn't bothered to rinse them out. But since I'd been looking for these exact canisters and they were priced to sell, I was only slightly dismayed. 

   I hauled them up to the ladies taking money and one of them shouted triumphantly, "I knew someone would fall in love with my jars." Well, I was surprised someone actually claimed responsibility for the pitiful shape they were in, but I have to say, they cleaned up pretty good.


 


 Priced at $6.00 for nine of them, 
they were truly a bargain.

(Only showing the six with white lids because I like things to match.)



-Michelle- 


No comments:

Post a Comment