Pixies are "... generally benign, mischievous, short of stature, and attractively childlike."

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Random Spurts of Creativity


One day my sister and I started talking about how great it would be to create our own blog to share all our recipes, projects, etc. Well I really didn't think that all the way through. I mean, come on I really don't know how fair this is. Michelle is the witty word smith in the family. All my experience is in writing boring, dry, technical papers on various Special Education topics so you will really have to excuse my humble offerings from time to time. So with that in mind I hope you will find this post of some interest anyway.

My family will tell you that I love to give handcrafted gifts especially for Christmas. While this love was born out of necessity it has truly become something I enjoy. A few years ago I decided to create a piece of art for my parent's Christmas gift. The thing is I really enjoy drawing and painting but I rarely do anything artistic. By rarely I mean I took an art class in the 9th grade and waited about 5 or 6 years to do anything else with art and since then I might decide to try something every few years or so. I literally had no idea if it would turn out. I didn't even know what I would make. 

I ended up heading down to my parent's house Christmas Eve day with nothing in hand and plans to dig through my dad's practically abandoned shop for materials. Upon getting to my parent's house I determined the only room that had any need of wall decor was their bathroom which has a beach theme. I found some wood scraps that used to be a part of my childhood bunk bed and locked myself away in a room with the paint and brushes I borrowed from Michelle. What I came up with surprised even myself. I even finished in time for the annual Christmas Eve Buffet. I guess mom liked it since she  is the one who wanted me to write a post about it and took the picture for me.  So I guess my point is even random spurts of creativity have a place in the world.

-Diana-         



3 comments:

  1. I love my seaside painting. It amazes me that you could do it so quickly! It reminds me of going to the beach when I was little.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diana that is beautiful! Both the picture and the post...but more importantly your heart. I thank God everyday for bringing such a gifted and talented friend into my life. He has big plans for us and all of our humble offerings. Never forget 'what once looked like a mountain's just a hill, from heavens point of view'. Thanks so much for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What are you people doing up so early? Hehehe

    ReplyDelete